Website content is not just copied, there are many types of content you need to include if you want to build an impactful website that properly represents your brand and achieves your business goals.
Whether you realize your website badly needs a facelift or perhaps you just launched a new business or new product, this is a good time to understand and review your website content.
We have compiled a checklist of the types of content you would need to help you get started in telling a compelling and engaging story that drives engagement.
The important first steps are to determine your business and communication goals before jumping into wireframes or website designs. Here are SMART GOAL examples.
Once you have defined your goals and target audience then it’s time to gather your content.
HERE’S YOUR CONTENT CHECKLIST
- Logo, brand colours and fonts
- Tagline, unique value proposition
- Product Categories
- Product Descriptions
- Pricing Models
- Spec Sheets
- Cheat Sheets
- Testimonials (written, videos)
- Top Clients
- Portfolio of work
- Site/ Projects
- Team and their bios
Social Media Platforms
- LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Contact Us Information
- Subscription centre
- Newsletter sign-ups and pop-ups
Other Available Content
- Press Releases
- Infographics, etc.
When gathering your content, keep in mind the following:
- Know your competition
- Profile and personas of your audience and how they consume information
- Identify and ranked Keywords (how people search for your services)
- Languages (is it a multi-lingual and or multi-regional site?)